The network was initiated in 2008 by researchers from 8 countries that wanted to test a standard monitoring protocol. In 2016 the network got a new start and was expanded and currently has transects in 9 countries and partners in 13 countries all over the stag beetles range.
This map shows the existing European stag beetle monitoring sites. Each marker represents a transect that is walked by a volunteer. By clicking on a marker, you get information about that transect.
Help expanding our network, and become a volunteer!
This network was set up by the Research Institute for Nature and Forest together with partners from 12 other countries. Parts of this project were realised with financial support from the People’s Trust for Endangered Species.
These are our partners that promote this network in their country:
- Arno Thomaes (Arno.Thomaes@inbo.be), Research Institute for Nature and Forest
- Hannes Ledegen (Hannes.Ledegen
- Bruno Meriguet (Bruno.Meriguet@insectes.org), Office pour les insectes et leur environnement
- Markus Rink (email@example.com), Hirschkäferfreunde-Nature two e.V.
- Alessandro Campanaro (Ale.Naro@gmail.com), Centro Nazionale per lo Studio e la Conservazione della Biodiversità Forestale
- Luca Bartolozzi (Luca.Bartolozzi@unifi.it), Università di Firenze, Museo di Storia Naturale
- John Smit (John.Smit@naturalis.nl), European Invertebrate Survey – the Netherlands
- Marcin Kadej (Marcin.Kadej@gmail.com) and Adrian Smolis (Adrian.Smolis@uni.wroc.pl), University of Wrocław, Department of Invertebrate Biology, Evolution and Conservation
- João Gonçalo Soutinho (firstname.lastname@example.org), Associação Bioliving
- Eduard Snegin (Snegin@bsu.edu.ru), Belgorod State University
- Al Vrezec (Al.Vrezec@nib.si), National Institute of Biology
- Marcos Méndez (Marcos.Mendez@urjc.es), Rey Juan Carlos University, Area of Biodiversity and Conservation
- Sylvie Barbalat (Barbalat.Richard@bluewin.ch)
- Valery Korneyev (Valery.Korneyev@gmail.com), I.I.Schmalhausen Institute of Zoology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- Laura Bower (Laura.Bower@ptes.org), People’s Trust for Endangered Species
- Colin Hawes (C.Hawes@homecall.co.uk) and Deborah Harvey (email@example.com), Royal Hollway University of London